Please enable JavaScript to view the discussion by Sidelines. discussion by

Monday, February 17, 2014

February Virginia Consumer Sentiment Report is here!

Each quarter I produce a consumer sentiment and price expectations report for the Commonwealth of Virginia. This is one of my duties with the Institute for Policy and Opinion Research. Being a data junkie, this is one of my favorite parts of my job as an economist and I have a great team of folks that help in the effort.

Consumer Sentiment Index Values
Blue line = US measure, Black line = 2-period moving
average for US, orange bar = VA measure

To see the latest report, go here.

In sum, things are looking better in Virginia as consumer sentiment returns to its upward trend after a deviation in the last quarter of 2013. Opinions about the future of the economy are slightly better than those of the nation as a whole, although Virginians' continue to take a bleaker view of the current economy.

I will be posting radio interviews (so far with WVTF and WFIR) and various graphics about the report on my Tumblr page.


0 comments:

Post a Comment