Please enable JavaScript to view the discussion by Sidelines. discussion by

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Writing for Women Talk Sports

A little over a month ago I started blogging for the site "Women Talk Sports." Their mission statement reads:


With the goal of promoting and empowering female athleticism, WomenTalkSports.com is an online network that connects the best blogs relating to women's sports. The site aims to raise the level of awareness of women in sport by providing comprehensive sport coverage, spotlighting outstanding achievements, and working with sporting associations on advocacy issues and empowering programs.


This is a unique opportunity to combine my research and running interests. I am honored to be a part of such a great group.

My husband and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary by attending the US Track and Field Olympic Team Trials in Eugene, OR. In addition to tweeting race updates using the iPhone app Splitcaster, I wrote reviews of the major distance running days and had the honor of interviewing several fantastic female athletes, including Stephanie Brown-Trafton, Lauren Bonds and Kara Goucher for WTS. The SBT interview is posted and the others are upcoming.

Who knows if my institution will count the posts for WTS, which do go through an editor, in my tally towards  Full Professor. Regardless, it is an exciting new adventure that serves as a reprieve to the hours of OLS, heteroskedasticity and serial correlation.

You can read and share my posts for Women Talk Sports at http://www.womentalksports.com/profiles/view/3540.

Enjoy,

0 comments:

Post a Comment